Agile L2 Access Switch Solution for Converged Data, Video and Voice Networking
Agile traffic control for converged networking applications
Zyxel GS2210 Series has a rich Layer 2 feature set that can shape the traffic for diverse VoIP, video conference, IPTV and IP surveillance deployments and provide hotels, businesses and educational institutions greater agility and more effective traffic management for the converged applications of today.
High-powered Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The Zyxel GS2210 Series PoE switches support the IEEE 802.3af PoE and 802.3at PoE Plus standards, which provide up to 30 watts of power per port for advanced Powered Devices (PD) like 802.11ac wireless APs and video IP phones. The high power budget enables the GS2210 PoE switches to comfortably accommodate the PDs required in a modern network edge.
High level network and access security
Zyxel GS2210 Series offers enhanced control and isolation for improved convergence of video, voice and data. Such advanced defense mechanisms as IP source guard, DHCP snooping, and ARP inspection can detect and block intentional network attacks. Combining multiple L2, L3 and L4 filtering mechanisms with such education - and hospitality friendly features as MAC freeze, port isolation and guest VLAN, the Zyxel GS2210 Series offers a high level of security, flexibility and control for diverse access layer deployments.
Zyxel One Network experience
Aiming for relieving our customers from repetitive operations of deploying and managing a network, Zyxel One Network is designed to simplify the configuration, management, and troubleshooting, allowing our customers to focus on the business priorities. Zyxel One Network presents an easy-to-use tool, Zyxel One Network Utility (ZON Utility), to realize speed network setup. Zyxel Smart Connect allows Zyxel networking equipment to be aware and recognize each other and further facilitating the network maintenance via one-click remote functions such as factory reset or power cycling.
Zyxel One Network redefines the network integration across multiple networking products from switch to Wi-Fi AP and to Gateway.
IPTV, surveillance and guest access (hospitality)
- Each guest room can be assigned a dedicated data VLAN to provide better isolation and security to the Internet users
- The MVR function allows a single IPTV multicast VLAN to be shared with all the set-top boxes while the subscribers remain in separate data VLANs
- The total PoE power budget of up to 375 watts provides full supports to wireless APs and IP surveillance devices. (24HP/28HP/48HP/52HP)
- Enabling the IGMP snooping function allows IPTV traffic to be directed to the subscribers only, which reduces the waste of bandwidth caused by multicasting IPTV traffic to all ports
- The rich QoS feature set provides effective bandwidth prioritization and control to ensure various services quality and prevent bandwidth abuse
Robust network infrastructure (education)
- The high power budget makes the GS2210 Series perfect for classroom WLAN deployments with many APs for student digital textbooks
- The GS2210 Series switch can separate the teacher's network from the student's network and grant different bandwidth privileges with port-based and ACL-based bandwidth management
- Support for 8 hardware queues per port and QoS based on 802.1p and DSCP reduces traffic congestions for latency-sensitive interactive learning applications
- Advanced defense mechanisms like IP source guard, DHCP snooping and ARP inspection safeguards the network from intentional attacks