Careful acoustic design and the use of advanced materials contribute to the exceptional music fidelity and speech intelligibility exhibited by the RCF Monitor 44T (black) and Monitor 44/WT (white) two-way speaker systems.
The carbon fiber diaphragm remains extremely rigid at high power levels, producing a more linear response and lower distortion. The cone is fitted with a durable foam surround and treated to resist moisture. The high-frequency section features a constant directivity horn with a built-in mechanical phase equalizer. The horn is driven by a Ferrofluid® cooled, 0.5" mylar dome tweeter.
The system is nominally crossed over at 4 kHz by a 12 dB/octave network, which uses markedly lower (than conventional) inductance values in series with the woofer. This design reduces sound delays associated with high inductance values and provides excellent low frequency transient response. The high-pass section is corrected for optimum performance of the CD horn and is protected with a circuit based on a low-value/low-mass filament resistor that smoothly limits the power sent to the tweeter driver.
All components are housed in a vented enclosure formed from semi-expanded polystyrene foam that is extremely strong, lightweight and weather resistant. Threaded metal sockets are molded into the cabinet to facilitate quick, safe deployment of the Monitor 44T, as a single unit or in arrays, using specially designed accessory mounting hardware.
- Ideal for high quality paging and music reproduction
- Low impedance (4Ω - 60W) or 100V operating mode
- Transducers LF 5" - HF 0.5" constant directivity tweeter
- Built-in low inductance passive crossover with high frequency dynamic protection, bass refl ex @65Hz
- Body in self-extinguishing plastic
- Includes hinged support for installation
- Available in black or white